A no fuss PHP image gallery
Doogal is flat file (no database), PHP based image gallery with beautiful interface and completely automatic workflow. All you need to do is upload images.
Doogal is extremely lightweight and fast.
Doogal is flat file (no database), PHP based image gallery with automatic workflow. All you need to do is upload images.
Doogal is extremely small! Less than 50KB zipped!
FTP or Online
Upload your images online, or via FTP, Doogal will do the rest – create thumbnails and view. It is that simple!
Inside Doogal administration section you will find advanced code editor to quickly make changes in HTML.
You can protect folders in Doogal so they can only be seen by logged in users. Everyone else will get 404 error.
Every image and every folder can have it own description, which is easy to add.
Doogal will automagically create XML sitemap every time images are added or removed from the gallery.
Doogal will count and log number of downloads as well as total number of images and folders
GTMetrix Results (with 15 images on page)
Flat file BIG BANG in a small pack! Doogal is a flat file (no database), PHP based image gallery with a beautiful interface and completely automatic workflow. All you need to do is upload images, everything else is done automagically. Doogal is extremely lightweight and fast. It is also optimized to work with CloudFlare’s free plan features seamlessly. It is written in plain and simple PHP so you can experiment with it.
Features: Easy to install, Fast loading time, Flat file – No database needed, Folders can be password protected, Automagically do majority of work, Automatically minifies HTML, Simple caching system, Automatically combines and minifies CSS/JS, Extremely fast, Supports image and folder description, Automatic XML sitemap, Simple setup, It is small (less than 50kb zipped).
With this instructions I assume that you have PHP 7.1+ installed on your server.
- Upload everything from the *.zip to your website via FTP or cPanel File manager.
- Upload images to “images/or” folder via FTP, cPanel or online admin
- Change what needs to be changed in config.php file (this is important, since bad configuration will prevent dooGal from running)
- CHMOD “cache” and “images/thumbs” folder to 755
- CHMOD “down.log”, “sitemap.xml” and “links.txt” to 755.
- Visit your dooGal gallery. First time you visit a folder, thumbnails will be created, so have patience.
Problems with “Maximum execution time exceed” or script stops functioning? Just reload page until the error disappears. This is caused by thumbnail creation of large number of images and it happens due PHP max execution time set by the server.
How to access online admin? Go to https://yourwebsite.ext/doogal/admin.php and login with data you have provided in config.php.
- Doogal automatically creates sitemap.xml, thumbnails and requested download image sizes. You just need to upload images in the folder named “or”.
- You can easily add password protection for the folder. Just create file “.pass” inside that folder, with password written inside.
- Slideshows & Widgets: Doogal automatically creates file (links.txt) with all links to the images, so you can use it for creating widgets and slideshows.
- Descriptions: Just add file “description.desc” in a folder with content inside, or “imagefilename.desc” for image description (ie DSC1.desc for DSC1.jpg).
Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License
You are free to:
Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the original script, and indicate if changes were made.
You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
No warranty is provided
Once you download this code, it’s your responsibility. The author is not liable for any damage, loss of time, money or security breaches.
You are expected to test the code yourself for usability and security in the environment you are deploying it.
By clicking the DOWNLOAD button below you agree to this terms and conditions.
HAVE A QUESTION? DO NOT HESITATE, CONTACT ME!
It is FREE and Nonobligatory
I offer you honest, transparent and professional service.
Please specify your request and include as many details as possible: What is your budget? When is the Deadline? What it needs to do?
Is there anything similar on the internet? If yes, where? etc.